Our work experience, internships & volunteer programs are set out to help you gain experience within a zoological collection. You will assist our animal keepers with the husbandry & care of our animals. You won’t only be gaining experience working with a range of animals but you will also enable our keepers to achieve more in their work day, such as providing more enrichment to our animals, carrying out more behavioural observations & interacting with more visitors.
WE LOOK FOR APPLICANTS THAT ARE:
– enthusiastic & hard working
– willing to learn
– physically fit & able to work outside in all weather conditions
– comfortable speaking to, and interacting with our visitors
– reliable & trustworthy
– good listeners & keen to acquire knowledge
– interested in working in a team & learning new skills
– working towards an animal care qualification (or being in the process of completing a ‘sandwich’ degree)
IN RETURN YOU WILL:
– gain valuable animal husbandry experience within the zoo industry
– enhance your CV with hands-on experience
– try something new & gain new experiences
– meet like-minded people
WORK EXPERIENCE INFORMATION
Are you looking for work experience for your school or college course? We offer a limited number of work experience placements for 1–2 weeks on our animal sections.
This is a great opportunity for you to see first-hand what it is like to be an animal keeper. You will assist our animal keepers with their daily animal husbandry tasks with a range of animals. This might include providing food & fresh water, cleaning & maintaining enclosures, providing enrichment and preparing animal diets.
Please note that applicants must be aged 16 years or over and be able to provide their own transport.
If you are interested in a work experience placement with us please fill in our online application form >> HERE <<
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SEND US AN APPLICATION AT LEAST A MONTH BEFORE YOUR PREFERRED DATE AS SPACES ARE VERY LIMITED!