Our work experience, internships & volunteer programs are set out to help you gain experience within a zoological collection. You will assist our animal keepers with the husbandry & care of our animals. You won’t only be gaining experience working with a range of animals but you will also enable our keepers to achieve more in their work day, such as providing more enrichment to our animals, carrying out more behavioural observations & interacting with more visitors.
WE LOOK FOR APPLICANTS THAT ARE:
– enthusiastic & hard working
– willing to learn
– physically fit & able to work outside in all weather conditions
– comfortable speaking to, and interacting with our visitors
– reliable & trustworthy
– good listeners & keen to acquire knowledge
– interested in working in a team & learning new skills
– working towards an animal care qualification (or being in the process of completing a ‘sandwich’ degree)
IN RETURN YOU WILL:
– gain valuable animal husbandry experience within the zoo industry
– enhance your CV with hands-on experience
– try something new & gain new experiences
– meet like-minded people
Do you have some spare time & want to gain experience working in a zoological collection?
Are you on an animal-based course and have a free day each week that you can dedicate to gaining animal husbandry experience?
We offer a limited number of volunteer placements for 1–2 days a week on our animal sections for a minimum of 6 months.
Please note that applicants must be aged 16 years or over and be able to provide their own transport.
If would like to become a volunteer at the park please fill in our online application form >> HERE <<