Our work experience, internships & volunteer programs are set out to help you gain experience within a zoological collection. You will assist our animal keepers with the husbandry & care of our animals. You won’t only be gaining experience working with a range of animals but you will also enable our keepers to achieve more in their work day, such as providing more enrichment to our animals, carrying out more behavioural observations & interacting with more visitors.
WE LOOK FOR APPLICANTS THAT ARE:
– enthusiastic & hard working
– willing to learn
– physically fit & able to work outside in all weather conditions
– comfortable speaking to, and interacting with our visitors
– reliable & trustworthy
– good listeners & keen to acquire knowledge
– interested in working in a team & learning new skills
– working towards an animal care qualification (or being in the process of completing a ‘sandwich’ degree)
IN RETURN YOU WILL:
– gain valuable animal husbandry experience within the zoo industry
– enhance your CV with hands-on experience
– try something new & gain new experiences
– meet like-minded people
Are you looking for a block placement or a sandwich year for a college or university course? Then our internship program is just for you!
We offer a limited number of internships on our animal sections, working 5 days a week for a block period of 3 months, 6 months or a year. Our internships are a great opportunity if you are looking to gain experience to help pursue a career working with wild animals.
We offer internships within the following departments:
- SEA LIONS – working closely with our keeping team taking care of our California Sea Lions, African Penguins & Great White Pelican. Knowledge of animal training & an interest in marine mammal care is essential for this role.
- PRIMATES – working closely with our keeping team to assist with the care of some of our primates kept at the park.
- CARNIVORES – Working closely with our keeping team and assisting in the husbandry & welfare of some or our smaller carnivores including our Raccoons, Coatis & Meerkats.
- BIRDS & REPTILES – Working closely with our keeping team and assisting in the husbandry & welfare of a range of Birds & Reptiles.
- GENERAL – Working closely with our keeping team gaining experience working on our Primate, Carnivore and Bird & Reptile departments.
Please note that applicants must be aged 18 years or over and be able to provide their own transport & accommodation to carry out the placement.
If you are interested in an internship placement with us please fill in our online application form >> HERE <<