An amazing opportunity to be a Carnivore Keeper for a morning for just £99 per person. During this one-and-a-half-hour experience you will be working alongside one of the Carnivore Keepers. Our Keeper will introduce you to our large Carnivores with protected contact and share interesting facts with you about the individual animals and their species. This experience is not for the squeamish as you will be trying your hand at butchering meat to feed to the animals.
Once you’ve prepared the meat you will then have the opportunity to feed and train one of our African Lions.
After meeting the Lions with protected contact and giving them their breakfast we will be off to meet (with protected contact) the Hudson Bay Wolves, a rare and interesting species, at this stage of your experience you will learn about the turbulent history of the Hudson Bay Wolf and you will of course be feeding them their breakfast too.
Last but not least you will meet (with protected contact)the Grey Wolves, during this meeting you may come face to face with a Grey Wolf as our pack are quite relaxed around humans. Our keeper will take you close to their enclosure and tell you about the Grey Wolves and the impact they have on their environment as apex predators.
Your Experience will include.
- Meet our Carnivore keeper
- Health and Safety talk
- A personal guided tour of the Carnivore section from one of our Carnivore team
- Try your hand at preparing the meat for the animals
- Feed and Train an African Lion
- Meet our pack of Hudson Bay Wolves and feed them their breakfast (with protected contact)
- Meet our Grey Wolves and learn about the rich and fascinating history of their species (with protected contact)
- Entry to the park included
What you’ll need to bring:
- Sensible footwear (a good pair of walking boots, steel toe caps are advisable)
- Be prepared for the weather!
- Lots of water, you’ll be working up quite a thirst
- A camera if you would like to take your own photos
Minimum age 18 years. Maximum of 3 bookings per day, must be booked at least 1 week in advance. Subject to availability. If you would like to bring someone with you to watch but not take part, the entry cost of £12.50 for that person would need to be paid at time of booking along with the experience.
Please phone 01271 882486 between 10 am and 4.30 pm to check availability.